- Managing Partner
Robert N. Hocker's practice has been limited to civil litigation and jury trials for over 20 years. Mr. Hocker has achieved the AV Preeminent® Rating - the Highest Possible Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
The vast majority of litigated cases settle before trial. Mr. Hocker firmly believes that being represented by an attorney who has a proven record of success at trial allows clients to negotiate from a position of confidence and strength. Most litigators practicing today have very little, if any, real trial experience. In contrast, Mr. Hocker has successfully tried to verdict a wide variety of civil matters. Most of Mr. Hocker's cases are referred to him by fellow lawyers who have worked with him and know his trial skills and his commitment to clients.
Mr. Hocker started his legal career in 1992 by serving a judicial clerkship. After completing his clerkship, he was recruited by a prominent San Diego law firm, McInnis, Fitzgerald, Rees & Sharkey. In 1999, the McInnis firm was purchased by one of San Diego's oldest and most respected firms, Higgs, Fletcher & Mack, where Mr. Hocker became a partner. In 2003, Bob started his own firm and, in 2012, was joined by Will Browning, a friend and fellow member of the McInnis firm.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation & Trials
- Business Litigation 50%
- Legal Malpractice 30%
- Public Entity Litigation 5%
- Employment Litigation 15%
- California, 1992
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1991
- University of California Davis, Davis, California
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Double Major in Economics and International Relations
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent® Rating – the Highest Possible Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
Past Employment Positions
- Higgs Fletcher & Mack, Partner, 1998 to 2003
- McInnis, Fitzgerald Rees & Sharkey, Associate, 1994 to 1998